Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FJ build

Hi guys,

Firstly, Wow great site with heaps of information. Which only adds to the dilemma. It's time to start my fj40 rebuild. I'm sure you've all had similar thoughts. To start with I was happy with the idea of a quick freshen up. Cut out the rust, new coat of jam & replace the bare minimum to get her back on the road.

Now the question, I have a '76 fj40, the wish list starts with installing fj60 running gear with the advantage of 5 speed, front disc brakes & slightly wider track. Powered by an LS1. Am I aiming too high ? Can anyone suggest a good engineer in Melbourne, who would approve these mods. Thanks in advance. Appreciate any insight.

Cheers Mike

Cheers and welcome mike. Never hurts to aim high bud😀 The running change i.e steering and five speed have been covered here and are mostly straight forward. Hopefully you can find someone to help with how to fit the LS1 and a good engineer.
    A HJ47 that puts johnny cash's psycobilly caddilac to shame

Comment

Welcome Mike.

I'm in Brisbane so I can't suggest any engineers local to you but all the mods you've mentioned have been done and approved in the past. Definitely worth finding an engineer to discuss your plans with before you spend a cent to make sure you are happy with what he will sign off on.

Add power steering to that list and you'll have a very capable truck! Let us know if you are chasing any specific info and we'll help as best we can.

Comment

Thanks Guys, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X