No announcement yet.

Twistys 1977 HJ45 Ute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the xmas break I cut 340mm off the rear of the chassis, relocated the rear shock mount cross member to the front side of the diff so the 60 series diff hand brake cable can now be hooked up. Sanded most of the chassis back to bare metal and done a heap of coats of paint.

1977 HJ45 Ute
    1984 BJ42 Middy
    2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

The styleside coudln't progress until I had rear flares to suit. I ordered 150mm wide rear FJ40 fibreglass flares from Eureka Offroad. I am happy with the style of them, but the quality isn't as good as my OZEast Fibreglass widened front gaurds.

I'll have to cut n shut one side of the flares to suit the styleside, but am happy with how its going to look.

Mock up pics with factory sides.

1977 HJ45 Ute
      1984 BJ42 Middy
      2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Motor and gearbox went back in with a new sump gasket, rear main seal, and clutch fitted.

Then the turbo was mounted to the flipped stock 2h manifold.

Last edited by Twisty; 15-02-2014, 09:27 AM.
        1977 HJ45 Ute
        1984 BJ42 Middy
        2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

A mate, Luke, came over and we got the dump pipe down to the back of the transfer case done. Gotta love 3" stainless!

Have finished the brake lines on the front and rear diffs now too.

1977 HJ45 Ute
          1984 BJ42 Middy
          2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

And thats where I am up to now. I'll keep this thread updated as things progress.
            1977 HJ45 Ute
            1984 BJ42 Middy
            2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Few things progressed along over the last couple of weeks.

Seats frames were repainted then re-trimmed and new door trims made too. Thanks heaps to Jamie!!

1977 HJ45 Ute
              1984 BJ42 Middy
              2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

22 Gallon (83 litre) RCI Fuel Cell turned up. Part No. RCI1212C It's going to be a tight fit trying to get the 3" exhaust past it, so not 100% sure if I will use this yet. Custom might be a better idea, or maybe just modding this to suit.

1977 HJ45 Ute
                1984 BJ42 Middy
                2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

New styleside panels were also finished. Made from 1.6mm. A frame will be made from galvanised RHS and EA to suit.

1977 HJ45 Ute
                  1984 BJ42 Middy
                  2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Can't see pics in this post for some reason but I can in others..?

Comment

We done the rest of the exhaust last night and have now decided to go to a custom fuel tank in the rear so I will sell the RCI tank.

I dropped a heap of leaves out of the rear packs to get it closer to ride height and mocked up the styleside properly. I love the look of it, but am now worried the 35s are going to be too big with only around 3" up travel before hitting the tub. I don't want to lift the 45 any higher either so am thinking I will have to drop back to 33s. Next issue is I think the 17" rims might look too out of place with only 33s on them.... :?

1977 HJ45 Ute
                      1984 BJ42 Middy
                      2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Started fitting up the OzEast fibreglass front gaurds (65mm wider then stock) last night. Chucked the doors and roof back on to get a better look on how the finished truck will look. Pretty stoked!

1977 HJ45 Ute
                        1984 BJ42 Middy
                        2012 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Love those wheels..

Comment

She's come a long way by now I'm sure!

Comment

Working...
                            X